A Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) is a long-term blueprint of a region’s transportation system. RTPs are required every four years and are plans for 20+ years into the future. The plan identifies and analyzes transportation needs of the metropolitan region and creates a framework for project priorities. As the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for the region, SLOCOG represents and works with the County of San Luis Obispo, as well as, the cities of Arroyo Grande, Atascadero, Grover Beach, Morro Bay, Paso Robles, Pismo Beach and San Luis Obispo as the lead agency in facilitating the development of the RTP.
The 2019 RTP, which is scheduled for adoption in June 2019 and includes the region's Sustainable Communities' Strategy, will outline how the region will meet or exceed its GHG reduction targets by creating more compact, walkable, bike-friendly, transit-oriented communities, preserving important habitat and agricultural areas, and promoting a variety of transportation demand management and system management tools and techniques to maximize the efficiency of the transportation network. SLOCOG is embarking on a program to involve the public in the development of its long-range transportation plan. This RTP planning process will engage a broad and diverse cross-section of the San Luis Obispo region in the development of the plan. Obtaining this input is critical to creating a plan that reflects the varied needs and interests of San Luis Obispo County’s residents and businesses.
The public is encouraged to regularly check this page for updates on the 2019 RTP planning process. Staff reports, schedule of outreach, presentations and more will be posted here regularly. For specific questions regarding this process, please contact the 2019 RTP project manager, James Worthley, SLOCOG Planning Director, at 805-788-2002 or email@example.com.
- Public Involvement Plan (PIP) & Attachments
- Schedule 2017 - 2019
- Community Presentation Schedule - Coming soon!
- Presentations - Coming soon!
- Surveys - Coming soon!
- Stakeholder Agenda/Meeting Notes - Coming soon!
- Draft Regional Growth Forecast & Attachments - February 2017
- Public Involvement Plan (PIP) - April 2017
- Significant Regional Corridors & Final Regional Growth Forecast - June 2017
- Goals & Objectives - August 2017
- Initial Financial Chapter - August 2017
- Investment Strategies - October 2017
- Draft Goals & Policies & Draft Financial Chapter - December 2017
- Input on SCS Framework & Performance Management Target Setting - February 2018
- SCS Scenarios & Draft Methodologies for RHNA & Draft Performance Management Chapter - June 2018
- Draft Transit Chapter & Draft SCS Chapter & Draft Demand Management Section - August 2018
- Draft Active Transportation Chapter & Draft Highway, Streets & Roads Chapter & Final RHNA Allocation - October 2018
- Draft EIR & Draft RTP/SCS - February 2019
- Final EIR & Final RTP/SCS - June 2019